Tidbits, Resources, and Discussion for ELI Faculty

Friday, May 30, 2008

Blackboard Self and Peer Assessment Tools

A few weeks ago, I gave you a link to look at a brief overview of the new Grade Center in BB8. The site has now been updated with a short overview of some new critical thinking features in BB8, called the Self and Peer Assessment Tools.

Visit http://www.blackboard.com/release8/ and click "Critical Thinking Tools" on the left to take a look. What do you think?

(FYI, it looks like we'll be going to BB8 for Spring 09. Apparently, it's not all that different from BB7 except for the major changes to the Grade Center, so hopefully it will be a relatively smooth transition.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want to mention something about the new Safe Assign tool. It's actually available NOW in Bb7. I thought it would be great to use in my course sites and started to add it for assignment submission. However, it seems to automatically include a rather lengthy permissions note so students know that their paper will be entered into a database of other papers. Well, I just don't want to add all this additional text to my already text cramped course site - more text for my students to read.
Needless to say, I removed the one Safe Assign assignment I had created and just kept assignment submission simply, as I'd had it in past semesters.
I would, however, like to use this tool, since Turn-It-In will no longer be available to us. It seems that Safe Assign would work much like Turn-It-In. I have to weigh the pros and cons on this one.