Tidbits, Resources, and Discussion for ELI Faculty

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Free Teleseminar on Toxic Academic Environments

I've been enjoying the thoughtful comments folks have been posting in response to my question about an early alert program at ELI--please keep them coming!

Meanwhile, you might be interested in an upcoming free teleseminar I saw advertised on one of the academia newsletters I subscribe to. It's called "Antioxidants for Toxic Academic Work Environments" and it focuses on how to deal with a work environment where you must work with people who are overly critical, where misbehavior is tolerated by upper management, where colleagues do not respect each other, etc. Although I VERY much hope none of you are experiencing this kind of thing at NOVA, at an organization this size, I know that that can't be the case. If this describes your department, division, or whatever, you might want to tune in and get some tips.

No comments: