Tidbits, Resources, and Discussion for ELI Faculty

Friday, August 22, 2008

Random Bullets Friday

  • Thanks to all of you who have already RSVPed for a session for the ELI Fall Faculty Meeting on eNOVA. If you haven't yet RSVPed, please do so! I thought I'd see whether anyone has particular topics you would like to hear about during the meeting. Any burning issues or questions you want me to be sure to discuss?
  • In the past week, I have given presentations about ELI to NOVA's new full-time faculty and to the LRS Working Group (composed of the Deans of Educational Support Services (formerly called LRS Directors), librarians from across the college, and some instructional technology folks), and have distributed tip sheets on how to advise students about ELI at the Manassas Campus convocation. One of the most important parts of my job is reaching out around the College to be sure that as many people as possible understand ELI. What are the things you most often hear your colleagues misunderstanding about ELI that you want me to work on clarifying around the College?
  • I hope many of you were at yesterday's convocation, or at least viewed it from off site, to see two of our own wonderful ELI faculty, Pat Daron and Walerian Majewski, receive well-deserved honors. Congratulations again to you both!

No comments: